“Dad Jokes for Fund” is an event for:
- in support of New Hope Foundation.
- celebrating Christmas in a special way, bringing people and families together to support the fatherless.
“What did Adam say to his wife the day before Christmas….It’s Christmas, Eve”.
If you think this is funny, or even if you rolled your eyes – this is the event for you!
Date: December 17 (Saturday)
Time: 3 pm – 6 pm
Venue: Q Mex at CBD World City
Entrance fee: 100 RMB per person (free for those 6 years old and younger)
What is it?
City Church is hosting a Dad Jokes Competition! We’d like to give the stage to dads to do what they are good at… telling Dad jokes! Winners will walk away not just with bragging rights, but attractive prizes too.
Most importantly we want to raise awareness for New Hope Foundation and the work it does for orphaned children in five cities across China. We are aiming to raise RMB100,000 to support New Hope Foundation.
You can learn more about New Hope by clicking here.
How to participate
- You can join the competition!
- Calling all dads, future dads, old dads, young dads, not even a dad yet…basically if you are a man, you qualify!
- Get a teammate and enter the competition! Fee of RMB100 per team with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 4 people to a team.
2. You can nominate someone to enter the competition – for a minimum fee of RMB500!
- Do you know a budding comedian? Someone you think is funny? Or someone who’s not even funny but you just want to see him on stage? It can be your boss, your friend, your colleague, or the man down the street!
- This is your chance to get them on stage with a minimum nomination fee of RMB500 (you can go higher so it will be hard for the nominee to say no!)
- A person can be nominated more than once. It just means there is more incentive for the person with many nominations to enter the competition!
3. You can come to laugh and cheer and support New Hope Foundation.
- Entrance fee of RMB100 per person
- All proceeds will go to New Hope Foundation (QMex and other sponsors have given generously to cover the cost of the event)
- If you have entered the competition and paid the competition fee, you do not have to buy an entrance ticket separately
- You get one free drink (beer or coffee or juice) and finger food with your competition or entrance ticket. Any additional food and beverages consumed will be charged to the individual.
- Only CLEAN jokes please! This is a family event so the language and content of the jokes need to be appropriate!
- Nominees have the right to accept or decline their nomination. There will be no refund for any nominations. The money raised will go to New Hope Foundation.