Marriage is one of the oldest institutions that God gave to humanity in decreeing that men and women would leave their father and mother and be united with each other.
One’s family background has a big influence on a marriage. For some people, the support they receive from their family is good and helpful in building a strong marriage, while for others, it’s more complicated and can even be damaging.
At this marriage retreat, we will explore what it means when the Bible says:
For this reason a man [and a woman] will leave their father and mother and be united to [each other]…— GENESIS 2:24
Topics to be covered:
- Understanding the impact your family has on your marriage
- Building healthy relationships with our wider families
- Creating your own unique marriage culture
Date: December 27 & 28 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Time: Registration at 11:30 am on 27th. Ends at 2 pm on 28th
Venue: The Orchard at Hegezhuang 果园 (何各庄）
Standard room – 1700 RMB per couple
Courtyard room – 2100 RMB per couple
Price includes 2 lunches, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner (Turkey Meal) at The Orchard Restaurant
Children are welcome, and childcare will be provided during sessions and some meal times. There may be additional costs for meals and extra beds if needed.
You will be contacted separately for details and payment arrangements.
Retreat Program Outline:
11:30 am Check-in & lunch
3 pm Free time
4 pm Session 1
6 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Session 2
9 pm Bedtime/Game/Movie Night
7:30 am – Breakfast
9:30 am – Session 3
11:00 am – Free time & check out
12 pm – Lunch & after thoughts
2:00 pm – End of retreat
- Registration fees are non-refundable, but they are transferable to another couple if you are unable to attend.
- In the event of a cancellation due to COVID restrictions, registration fees may be used for a stay at The Orchard on another date of your choosing (keep in mind there may be a difference in the room price).
- If finances prove an insurmountable obstacle to your attendance, please email email@example.com to discuss financial assistance
For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org